Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easy. And with over 100M visits every month on sites such as Business.com, Business News Daily, BuyerZone, Tom’s Hardware, TopTenReviews, LaptopMag and Space.com, Purch is one of the largest technology and media companies in the world.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) reports directly to the Vice President, FP&A and serves as business partner to the General Manager (GM) of Purch’s B2B business segment. In this capacity, the Manager FP&A will provide the GM with the necessary data, reporting, analysis and insights, essential to the business segment’s financial growth and profitability. The Manager will be embedded within the business segment, working closely with the GM as well as his senior staff, while serving as a liaison between the segment and FP&A. The Manager will have direct exposure to Purch’s CFO and other executives, including the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of business segment’s P&L with full budget control and forecast responsibility
- Develop trusting and collaborative working relationship with General Manager of business segment
- Work with key business segment constituents to build and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Own and drive rolling revenue and expense forecasting process
- Own and drive annual budget planning process for all departments within the business segment
- Build business case and supporting ROI analysis for capital budgeting requests
- Other Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Calculate commissions for business segment
- Assist with M&A related financial modeling and due diligence
To perform this Position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA a plus
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum- 8 years Finance/Accounting experience with at least 4 years in FP&A and supervisory roles
- Preferred- experience supporting a digital media organization
- Ability to convert operating and financial data into business strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with upper levels of management
- Expert level Excel skills
- Experience using accounting and financial planning software (experience with Adaptive Solutions a plus)
- Knowledge of M&A activity, including due diligence, a plus
- Or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities: